This blog is my attempt to share the things I love that make me who I am and who I want to be. I love being a mother and a wife and I want to be the type of person that feels every moment for what it is. To be that person I must remember to slow down, and focus, and dwell on all the good that surrounds us. Here, I hope to remind myself of that good.
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Psalm 91

I will...
  • 1: dwell in his shelter
  • 4: take refuge under his wing
  • 4: find his faithfulness to be a shield and bulwark
  • 5: not be afraid by the terror of the night
  • 5: not be afraid of the arrow that flies by day
  • 6: not be afraid of the pestilence that stalks in the darkness
  • 6: not be afraid of the destruction that lays waste at noon
  • 7: not be approached by the thousands that fall at my side
  • 7: not be approached by the ten thousand that fall at my right hand
  • 8: only look on with eyes to see the recompense of the wicked
  • 9: make the Lord my refuge, my dwelling place
  • 10: not have evil befall me
  • 10: not have any plague come near my tent
  • 12: be in the hands of angels
  • 12: not strike my foot against a stone
  • 13: tread upon the lion and the cobra
  • 13: trample down the lion and the cobra
  • 15: call upon the Lord

God will...
  • 3: deliver me from the snare of the trapper
  • 3: deliver me from deadly pestilence
  • 4: cover me with his pinions
  • 11: give his angels charge concerning me
  • 11: be guarded in all my ways
  • 14: deliver me because I have loved him
  • 14: set me securely on high because I know his name
  • 15: answer me
  • 15: be with me in trouble
  • 15: rescue me
  • 15: honor me
  • 16: satisfy me with a long life
  • 16: show me his salvation


pestilence: a fatal epidemic disease, especially bubonic plague.
recompense: compensation or reward given for loss or harm suffered or effort made.  
pinion: the outer part of a bird's wing including the flight feathers.

No comments: