This blog is my attempt to share the things I love that make me who I am and who I want to be. I love being a mother and a wife and I want to be the type of person that feels every moment for what it is. To be that person I must remember to slow down, and focus, and dwell on all the good that surrounds us. Here, I hope to remind myself of that good.
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8

Monday, November 17, 2014

It's Christmas Time

Christmas has always come bringing memories.

I'm a lucky one, one of those whose childhood Christmas memories are filled with visions of sugar plums, aunts, uncles and cousins, and jolly old fat men (or the neighbors son) bearing gifts. I cannot find one unhappy or sad Christmas past in my storehouse of memories.

Christmas songs make their debut in our house each year as soon as the jack-o-lanerns are tossed into the woods. They are the only pre-Thanksgiving Christmas accessory allowed.

Never do they start with Silent Night or Rudolph, The Red Nose Reindeer. Instead, the first sounds of Christmas in our house rock their way in…with Bono, Jon, and all those British boys from '84.

It's seems impossible to start Christmas this year, but we're trying, baby, we're trying.






And now this one, with new meaning.


No comments: