This blog is my attempt to share the things I love that make me who I am and who I want to be. I love being a mother and a wife and I want to be the type of person that feels every moment for what it is. To be that person I must remember to slow down, and focus, and dwell on all the good that surrounds us. Here, I hope to remind myself of that good.
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8

Monday, January 9, 2012

Psalm 37

I will...
  • not fret because of evildoers.
  • not be envious towards wrongdoers.
  • trust in the Lord and do good.
  • dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
  • delight myself in the Lord.
  • commit my way to the Lord.
  • trust in the Lord.
  • rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.
  • not fret because of him who prospers in his way.
  • cease from anger and forsake wrath.
  • not fret!
  • inherit the land if I am humble and will delight myself in abundant prosperity.

The Lord...
  • will give me the desires of my heart.
  • will do it if I trust in Him.
  • bring forth my righteousness as the light and my judgment as the noonday.
  • laughs at the wicked and sees his day is coming.

The evildoers, wrongdoers, and the wicked...
  • will wither quickly like the grass and fade like green herb.
  • will be cut off.
  • will be no more.
  • plots against righteous and gnashes at him with his teeth.
  • have drawn the sword and bent their bow to cast down the afflicted and the needy, to slay those who are upright in conduct.
  • swords will enter their own heart and their bows will be broken.
  • arms will be broken.
  • will perish.
  • will vanish away like smoke.
  • borrows and does not pay back.
  • descendants will be cut off.
  • spies upon the righteous and seeks to kill him.
  • will pass away, be no more and will not be found.
  • will be destroyed and cut off from posterity.

The righteous...
  • knows it's better to have the little of the righteous than the abundance of the wicked.
  • will be sustained by the Lord.
  • is blameless and their inheritance will be forever.
  • will not be ashamed in the time of evil and in the days of famine will have abundance.
  • is gracious and gives.
  • steps are established by the Lord and the Lord delights in his way.
  • will not be hurled headlong when he falls because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.
  • will not be forsaken, nor will his descendants.
  • gracious and lends all day long.
  • descendants are a blessing.
  • departs from evil and does good in order to abide forever.
  • will not be forsaken as a godly one by a Lord who loves justice.
  • will inherit the land and dwell on it forever.
  • utters wisdom and speaks justice.
  • has the law of God in his heart.
  • steps do not slip.
  • will not be left by the Lord in the hand of the wicked or be condemned when judged.
  • will be beheld upright and have posterity.
  • will have salvation from the Lord.
  • has the Lord as their strength in time of trouble.
  • will be helped, delivered, and saved by the Lord from the wicked.
  • takes refuge in HIM!

    No comments: